Monday, May 11, 2009

Daring to Hope

OK, I have had so many disappointments that I truly believe if I hope this time, it will be another BFN. So I've been trying hard not to hope.

But tonight I was watching "Little People, Big World" and Matt went to Iraq to visit a medical team that was doing corrective surgery on Iraqi kids with achondroplasia, and before he came home the National Guard unit that was escorting him made him an honorary National Guard Captain. And I cried.

Uhhhh, OK.

I suppose unless you know me IRL this might not sound *so* weird. But trust me, for me, it's weird. Let's just say that the last time I remember crying at something this cheesy was when I was pregnant before but didn't know it yet - on 8 or 9 dpo. Today is 9dpo.

It probably means nothing. I will probably be absolutely devastated when I POAS next Sunday and get that damn single line. But I will admit that there is now a teensy, weensy bit of hope in me. Absolutely no pun intended.

7 comments:

  1. I'm hoping right along with you! Please God let this be her time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, Hope would be a great name for a baby girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for you, too! I understand about trying not to hope, it's scary. And not hoping is self-protective. But... how can we not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if it's any consolation, I've never given up hope for you. ;) (and for some reason, my f-ed up sadness for pregnancies seems--so far--to only extend to my IRL friends). If you're trying not to hope, don't worry, you're friends out here are hoping plenty for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping for you!!

    ReplyDelete