Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pain in the Butt

Actually, I am rather nervous because my PIO shots *don't* hurt, either during the shot or after. I have no bruising and no sore ass. My boobs aren't sore in the slightest, and other than being a teeny bit... backed up... I have none of the normal progesterone symptoms. And the temple of IVF apparently doesn't do blood testing to make sure your progesterone is where it should be, so I'm totally in the dark about what my levels are. I'm half tempted to supplement with some leftover suppositories, but I don't know if too much progesterone is a bad thing. Agh. I think I might have to break down and call and request a blood test. It's making me far too anxious.

Meanwhile, the wait goes on. Today is 8dpo (5dp3dt), so if anything's going to happen it should start around now. I'll POAS while I'm on vacation at the beach next week, then beta when I get back. It's weird - last year when I was at the beach I was doing an ICI with a sample I had shipped to the beach house in a liquid nitrogen tank from California Cryobank. Obviously that turned out with a big zilch, but it's making me realize how much of my life revolves around TTC, and for how long that has been true. And last year I had to stock up on my own special food, because I still believed that the whole Chinese diet thing was going to help me. Yeah, right. This year I'll be eating pulled pork and collards with bacon and fried chicken and hush puppies like everyone else. And I won't be drinking nettle iced tea, or taking nasty powdered wheatgrass shots. Bump that.

Boy, am I looking forward to vacation. Whether it's a BFN or something else, I'll at least have a whole week to deal with it.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun at the beach!!! I think that right now, the best medicine is definitely FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful vacation...and, btw, there is no such thing as too much progesterone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and I hope your vacation is great. The nettle iced tea and powdered wheat grass sounds horrible. Glad you'll be skipping those.
    Also my PIO shots didn't really hurt that much in my backside. I would only notice if I leaned up against a counter where I had given myself a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow has it been a year since your ICI at the beach? I remember it like it was yesterday. I hope you have a great vacation...you deserve a break from it all...please enjoy yourself to the fullest. And know I'll be thinking of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete