Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Data Points

Had my first luteal bloodwork today. My progesterone level is 54 (it needs to be at least 20). Ahh, relief. So I'm just lucky with the no-pain, no-symptoms PIO thing. My badonkadonk is not going to keep me from getting pregnant. (Lots of other things might, but at least my fat ass won't be to blame.)

Estrogen is 599. No idea if that's high or low, given my E2 at trigger was 1701. Actually I have no idea what estrogen typically does after a hyperovulated cycle with a retrieval.

Of course, neither of these two data points says anything at all about whether I am or am not likely to be pregnant. There are some studies that show luteal estrogen levels can be an indicator of success, but (a) this seems to be true only for good responders, which I am emphatically not, and (b) I haven't found any guidelines on what "pregnancy predicting" estrogen levels might look like. So who the hell knows.

BTW, I miscalculated when I said POAS was on Sunday. Actually, Day 14 is Saturday. Which means Day 12 is Thursday. And I usually do an early POAS on Day 12. But POAS, then get on a plane to the beach? Haven't decided on that one. I probably will. Probably.

4 comments:

  1. Those sound like good numbers to me. I'll be checking in on Thursday to see if you POAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those numbers sound great. Hope you'll be getting some great news at the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed. I'd rather not POAS before going on vacation, but I am a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! Hoping like heck for you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete