Monday, February 16, 2009

Patched

It's a lovely day today. Sitting here in my chair, enjoying the day off, looking out at the bright sun and a few wispy clouds in the blue sky. The cats are sleeping on my bed, and both roommates (mom and baby) are out and about, so it's incredibly peaceful here. I have an Ecuadorian stew simmering on the stove, which smells fantastic. I wish I could freeze this moment.

So yesterday morning I put on my first Climara patch. I realized, of course, after it was on that I'd done it wrong. You're not supposed to touch the sticky part. Oops.

It's weird, this patch. It actually has words printed on it, saying what the patch is, but as soon as it goes on your skin it becomes invisible. Literally. Of course, it's a little difficult anyway to see things on your own butt. Still, though, I was surprised at how it disappeared. It's not quite so invisible now, having absorbed fuzz from my black jeans along the edges, but it's still kind of cool.

Other than a little itchiness at the beginning yesterday, I feel absolutely nothing from it. And since there's no monitoring until after AF comes, I have to just trust that it's working. Er, trust is not my strong point. :)

In any case, somewhere between tomorrow and this coming Sunday I should be starting stims. Ladies and gentlemen, buckle your seatbelts.

7 comments:

  1. Hi-I found you on cycle sister and have been really impressed by your strength, eloquence and courage. I will be checking in to see how your cycle is going. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having such a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I hope the patches and stims do their job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you had :-).
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved to read about you having a nice day. Can't wait to read more about the upcoming cycle! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I hope this cycle goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete