Friday, January 2, 2009

It

Billy at My Pathway to Motherhood tagged me!

Apparently the rules are:
  1. Link to the person who tagged you
  2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you
  3. Tag 7 random people at the end and include links to their blog!
Not sure I'll manage #3, since most everybody I read seems to already have been tagged. But here goes with #2.
  1. I have lived in France. I was there for a year in college, and then again for about 3 months one summer on an internship. I really think I "grew up," for all intents and purposes, in France, which is why New York feels so much like home to me now. NYC is easily the most European of all the American cities, with San Francisco coming in second. Anyway, je parle français, plus ou moins, et si tu veux m'écrire en français ça serait chouette!
  2. I have been to the Galapagos Islands. I have an ex-boyfriend from Ecuador, who was supposed to be my known donor, and before he totally blew me off I went to visit him. He lives in southern Ecuador, in the sierra, but we took a short week and went to the Galapagos. It was fantastic, despite the fact that he treated me like horseshit. I'd love to go back someday - minus the jerk, of course.
  3. I am a cat lady. Two cats currently own me, a tortoiseshell and a Maine Coon / manx mix. I also have an angel kitty, my first ever cat, who was with me for 13 years but died a few years back. If I did not live in a city apartment I think I would have twelve cats. Or more!
  4. I have a baby girl for a roommate. Actually I have two roommates - the mother (my friend) and the baby (my friend's daughter). It's a semi-temporary thing, probably just a year or so, but it works out - she gets a cheaper apartment than she'd otherwise have, and I get a little extra money for the fertility treatments. I also get a LOT of practice! :)
  5. I love Middle Eastern music. I especially like the electronic/dance/trance versions, but all of it fascinates me.
  6. The only two foods I won't eat are coconut and black licorice (anise). Yeecch!
  7. I do not play "flying object" sports. If it involves me interacting with a flying object, there is pretty much no point unless you want a good laugh. Anything involving me, myself and maybe a minimal bit of equipment, on the other hand, I'm game for. So skating, skiing, swimming, running, hiking, all good. Basketball, soccer, tennis, not so much. Pool, golf and bowling are borderline - I'm not good at them but I can't really hurt anybody, so they're OK.

OK, I honestly can't find anyone to tag who hasn't already been tagged. I will keep thinking about this. Will add their names if I find one....

2 comments:

  1. How great that you have a roomie with a baby! Practice AND cash! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galapagos.. one of the places I would love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete