Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - Harrumph

So I woke up this morning to discover AF had arrived. Great. Happy New Year to me. Not that it was a surprise - I did a HPT yesterday (15dpo) and it was negative, so I felt confident enough to hit the red wine last night. Still, it feels like a bad omen for the first day of 2009.

Actually, last night was the first time I'd hit the red wine for well over a year. I guess I'm finally tired and jaded enough to say eff the teetotalling. It felt rather nice.

I wonder what the year will bring. Last Christmas was difficult because my twins' due date would have been early December and I was very conscious the whole time that they would have been here. This Christmas has been a bit better, except I keep thinking how sure I was that I'd be a mom by now.

Funny, I'm not sure about anything anymore. Apparently I'm not even sure my upcoming cycle is going to happen, because I had a doozy of an anxiety dream the other night - basically dreamt that I went to the new clinic for Day 2 bloodwork and they told me they weren't going to let me cycle with my own eggs because there wasn't any point. Lovely.

Incidentally, the Magic 8 Ball has gotten a little wishy-washy. Its follow-on answer to last time, which it gave me today, was only "Signs point to yes." Meh.

4 comments:

  1. Magic 8 Ball. Hmpf. What does it know, anyway?

    I hope 2009 is fantastic.

    P.S. Thanks so much for all your suggestions on traveling. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    I'm sure 2009 will be the year for you, and that getting your period was not a bad omen but closing 2008 behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes having AF show up on New Years is sort of a downer. I hope that the rest of your 2009 is much better.

    ReplyDelete