Well, not quite yet. But I had my first visit with a hypnotherapist today. Turns out we just talked the whole time, so she could get a complete picture of me and my issues surrounding fertility. The hypnosis comes in the following sessions.
I'd be inclined to say today was a waste of a session, but she actually pulled out an issue that I hadn't brought to the table, but which managed to make me almost cry. Which is rather a feat, actually - I am usually robot woman. So maybe it was worth spending the time.
Basically, we identified three issues:
- I need to find some comfort and expand the boundaries of possible outcomes of my next cycle, so that I can at least allow the possibility of success.
- I need to find a way to be forgiving and compassionate towards myself as regards the termination.
and, the kicker:
- I need to come to closure about losing my twins, say goodbye to them, and maybe even get their permission to move on, to succeed.
Now, whether hypnotherapy will be able to help me do any of these things remains to be seen. It feels a little crazy, but I'm desperate, and it's worth a try.

Does sound like it's worth a try.
ReplyDelete~huge hug~
Definitely sounds intriguing! It reminded me to get out the guided imagery CDs I have.
ReplyDeleteLet us know how it goes!
This actually makes a lot of sense. I'm amazed when acupuncurists and hypnotherapists have these insights when we pay tons of money to our psychotherapists who tend to miss these issues. Whatever works. I'm hoping you get the forgiveness that you deserve.
ReplyDeleteSounds very positive and worth a try to me too. I hope it works for you.
ReplyDeleteHoping and praying the hypnotherapy brings you peace of mind. I went back and read the post about what happened with your twins and I have to say that you most definitely deserve to be a mom.
ReplyDelete