Sunday, August 29, 2010

*hangs head in shame*

Yes, in fact, it has been six months (and nine days) since I posted. And whoa, what a six months (and nine days) it's been. Every time I thought to post, I just couldn't possibly imagine how I could summarize what's happened, so I just - well, didn't.

But just in case anyone is still checking in (I long ago stopped checking statcounter, sorry), here's the update.

I'm a mom. My son is 4 months old. I finally got a giant cosmic karmic payback in the form of a "stork drop" - adoption with about 1.5 weeks notice - in April 2010.

I'm ecstatic, exhausted, anxious, fulfilled, complete, panicked, overwhelmed, resentful, joyous and in awe. Plus a bunch of other stuff, all at the same time. It hasn't been a cake walk - we're still dealing with all kinds of weird GI issues that make both his and my life an uphill climb - but I am grateful for every single day.

I haven't decided yet whether to change the title of my blog, or just keep on going - after all, I *still* have "no yolk" - but thought I owed it to all of you to at least post an update.

So. My apologies for the long silence. I know many of you have moved into new phases of your lives (of various types) and I'm thrilled to hear about all of it.

Wishing you all hugs, kisses, and a long road that turns out to be paved with gold.



H, incognito in his Baby Banz

14 comments:

  1. Huge congrats! So hapy to see suvh a wonderful update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's some big news. Congratulations and welcome little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so unbelievably happy for you! I saw the photo before I read the post and thought, "I wonder who's baby that is..."

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, um, having a new baby is a pretty good excuse for not posting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! What a most wonderful update!!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!OMG!OMG! Congratulations! I am sooooo happy for you. Please, please, please post more - I want to hear all about how this came to be. And more pics pleeeeaaassseee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thrilled for you! I have missed you and always think of you with a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Very happy update indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, how amazing!!! So thrilled to read this! Congrats Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! That is so wonderful! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pics. More pics. Please?

    I've missed you, Princess!

    ReplyDelete