Sunday, June 14, 2009

Update

Well, I've chosen an agency. Sent in the initial questionnaire and my orientation fee today. Now I just wait for them to schedule the orientation, and the whole process can begin. I'm probably looking at about 3-4 months for paperwork and home study, and up to 18-24 months after that. Of course, it could be quicker; you never know.

I am excited about adopting, but NOT OK with not having a genetic child. It's very interesting how they proceed on separate tracks, at least for me.

Just a quick update. I'm around but still lying low & feeling close-mouthed, for some reason. Thinking of you all.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering about you. Thinking of you, as well. Hope it's not so long of a wait as 18-24 mos for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Hope the wait isn't as long as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. I hope you have a really short wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of you, and checking your blog, and hoping all is as well as it can be for you. Glad you are moving forward with adoption! EXCITING! You know, my friend started adoption stuff in April of last year, and she got The Call a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you have started with the adoption.
    Sorry you couldn't have a bio kid first.
    Hope it goes quickly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on choosing an agency. I hope the wait is not too long and everything goes smoothly. Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete