So they are still talking as though there is going to be a retrieval. I'll believe it when I see it. I have 5 growing follies, ranging from about 12 to about 18. So the plan is one or two more stim days, then retrieval on Saturday or Sunday. Given so many of them are still small, though, I am skeptical.I said to someone yesterday, you know, I don't believe there's going to be a retrieval; if there's a retrieval I don't believe the follies will have eggs; if they have eggs I don't believe they'll fertilize; if they fertilize I don't believe they'll make it to transfer; if they make it to transfer I don't believe they'll implant; if they implant I don't believe there'll be a heartbeat; if there's a heartbeat I don't believe they'll be genetically normal; if they're genetically normal I don't believe they'll develop properly. And as extreme and negative as that sounds, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE WORST-CASE SCENARIOS HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME. It's not hypothetical. I have no reason at all to expect a positive result at any of those turning points.
No wonder I'm Debbie Downer. *rolls eyes*

Wow that's some serious Debbie Downer-ing. I know hope is a bitch and that you've been through so much so it's hard to keep hope alive. I hope that things work out well for you and that you have peace and a resolution one way or another. (Of course I hope it's the BFP on this cycle!) Thinking of you and your follies.
ReplyDeleteCrossing my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, hon! I hear you. You just feel what you feel and don't worry about how it "will affect things." (rolling eyes here) I'll hope for you! Let me know if you need someone to go to the retrieval with you.
ReplyDeleteOh hon...lots of {{{hugs}}} and wishes for good luck.
ReplyDeleteYou have been through so very much - I'd be surprised if you weren't at least a little doubtful. So lots of positive follie vibes heading your way - and I'm sure there will be a retrieval on Saturday - just like they are saying.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!!!
I hear you, I get it, I wish I had a magic wand to make it all work.
ReplyDeletelove to you.
Oh. My. Gawd.
ReplyDeleteYou have seriously been through fertility hell. I had no idea it's been that bad for you! (((HUGS)))