Friday, April 10, 2009

Angels Among Us

Wow. In just a couple of days, my whole view on the world looks different. It's a whole lot less dark in here, because of real, live angels who live among us. Thanks to one gigantic gift and several smaller but equally appreciated ones, I am now almost all set for meds for my next cycle.*

Besides being just plain incredibly grateful, I can't even begin to tell you what you all have done for my spirit. It's quite something to be sitting in one's dark cave, feeling alone, and suddenly discover there are others quietly leaving food and water and bits of love outside the door.

This certainly isn't the first time I've received much-needed help and a boost from wonderful, generous friends and Internets. And it probably won't be the last. But I have to say that this time I was - am - lower than I've ever been, so it means just that much more.

So thank you, all, angels past and present, from the bottom of my heart. You know who you are. I can't wait for the day when I can pay your gifts forward.

*I'm now only about 600IU (8 vials) short on FSH (Follistim, Gonal F, Bravelle, etc.). Much more manageable on the self-pay plan - but if you have a good idea for me I'm certainly still open for suggestions via email!

6 comments:

  1. I went home this morning and looked because I knew I had a couple of vials of bravelle but they expired 11/08. Sorry. I hope you find what all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This community has done more for my faith in my fellow man than just about anything else. I am so glad to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to read that! I hope this positivity stays around you for a long time!

    ReplyDelete