So my cycle is delayed. Again. This time it's because they really want a baseline day 2 blood level, and they neglected to tell me that I could have gone in on January 2 for a blood draw even though the clinic was closed. *sigh*
Although I can hear my ovaries creaking louder with each passing month, I actually don't mind too much this time. I kind of rushed through the last two IVFs and had squat to show for it, so maybe a little bit of deliberation is in order.
So it looks like a whole month and a half of nasty Chinese herbs (currently gui shao di huang tang, otherwise known as "Angelicae Paeonieae Rehmanniae Decoction"). Still doing the wheatgrass, royal jelly and spirulina.
I'm also scheduling an HSG and saline sounding for next week, and am going to do some genetic testing to see if I have a translocation or some other weirdness that might be preventing me from getting pregnant. No immune testing though - I'm told that immune reactions cause miscarriages, rather than preventing pregnancy, and given my 13 BFNs clearly miscarriage is not my issue.
Anyway, onwards. Maybe the universe wants me to pay down my credit card some more before I slap an IVF on it. Then again, if that was the case it shouldn't have zapped both my DVD player and my hard drive in the same week!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel for you and nasty chinese herbs. I tried that one month and couldn't keep it up. I have an aversion to drinking nasty things and it was like drinking liquid poo. Hope the delay gives you time to get all things in order for a great cycle.
ReplyDeleteDamn! Waiting suuuuuuucks!
ReplyDeleteUgh, chinese herbs. I tried them for a while years ago for migraines. Don't know what liquid poo tastes like, but I thought it tasted like dirt. I would add honey, so it tasted like sweet dirt. Ick.
Feel for you on the herbs.
ReplyDeleteI like your attitude about the delay. I really did find my breaks to be refreshing and liberating. I hope the next weeks prove the same for you.
Sorry about the delay. We'll be here with you while you sit on the bench. Hope the HSG and all the rest go well...keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and try not to let the delay get you down.
ReplyDeleteglad to have a space to follow all of the specifics. xo, Shelli
ReplyDelete(yeah, that one) ;)