Monday, December 15, 2008

Surprise

So I'm surging today. Going in tomorrow for the IUI. Didn't expect that, for sure!! I have a nice 16mm follie on the left - yet another indication that the old clinic overcooked me by taking me to 19/20/21.

Tomorrow also turns out to be bonus day at work. And given that my bonus (together with my tax refund and the rest of my savings) is what's making it possible for me to DO this IVF at the new clinic, it's rather important. So things are a little complicated. I've done a little dance to tell my boss I might be in a little late, and I'm figuring I'll get to the clinic ridiculously early. Hopefully they can fast track me. Agh.

Meanwhile, of course, I'm actively planning my next cycle. It looks like I'll go in mid-January to monitor when I ovulate, then start the estrogen patch 10 days after that. So the actual cycle will be early February.

The doctor's assistant today was insistent on being positive with me. I was both touched and aggravated by this. She kept saying, IF you need to take the teach class in January, IF you need to come in for a cycle, IF, IF. Well, she said, you're going on vacation. Vacations can do wonderful things. Do you know how many patients I see who go on a vacation and then don't need us?

Um, in my two years of trying I have actually have had several vacations, so I don't really follow your logic.

Still, I guess I kind of appreciated her pulling for me, which I never really felt from the old clinic. She told me she'd think positive for me, even if I couldn't. Which was nice. I guess.

Gad, I'm a tough person to support.

5 comments:

  1. Vacation? Doesn't she know you're sperm challenged?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had literally dozens of vacations in the 7 years of TTC and none of them have done anything. Personally I prefer medical professionals who rely on science than old wives' tales, but I guess positivity has its place too.

    Best of luck with this IUI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to be fair, I should clarify that this positive, vacation-touting person wasn't a nurse or even a medical professional - she's the doctor's administrative assistant. For some reason that actually makes a difference, at least to me - if the nurse had said it I would have been pretty pissed!!

    ReplyDelete