Saturday, March 7, 2009

Swimmers on Board

12 million of them, to be exact. 50MM per mL x 0.5 mL x 48% motile. Not bad.

The andrology tech told me when she handed me the sample that she "had a good feeling about this." Apparently they've had a number of successful cancelled IVFs lately. I said "your mouth to God's ears," even though I don't actually believe God - if there is a God - hears a damn thing we say. Or cares. But she meant well.

I think I am going to schedule an appointment with the adoption guru. I met this woman about a year ago, when I went to a seminar she gives called "Crossing the Bridge from Infertility to Adoption." She was extremely knowledgeable, especially about this geographical area and about single women, so she should be able to talk me through the whole attorney vs. agency thing. Basically I've been thinking that my plan has always been to have one child and adopt one, so why don't I just get this process moving. Assuming these last few closure cycles don't work, there's no reason why I can't start the adoption process now and then do a donor cycle in a couple of years when I've saved up for it.

That said, I've been thinking a LOT lately about the whole issue of genetic continuity. But I'm too tired tonight to get into it. Saving that for a later post.

5 comments:

  1. Swim, boys, swim! Good thoughts going out to you. I hope you find some peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Glad your swimmers are on board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many good wishes and thoughts of luck coming your way. And I'm with you. If there is a God I think he's just sitting there watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending tons of hope and hugs your way!!

    ReplyDelete