Friday, February 27, 2009

So I ate the cupcake. Two, actually.

And oo boy, they tasted good. I did at least wait until I was a *tiny* bit hungry, so I didn't feel too yucky afterwards - although, as predicted, it didn't do anything for my angst. I am trying to have no guilt at all about it. It was a little binge, I knew what I was doing, I chose to do it, so what?

It's only that little voice in the back of my head, saying "um... I really hope this phase doesn't go on too long cuz my fat jeans are getting really uncomfortably tight..." I have to keep reminding myself, trusting myself, that my hunger is not bottomless. I will come back to center. I know this from past experience.

I just wish I could skip past this phase and start craving, like, broccoli. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I would come and make you some really yummy stuff that was also healthy. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake! This reminds me of my unhealthy triple chocolate muffin addiction. Just say to yourself..."I'm not fat, I just have a sweet hockey body" like I do sometimes. Ahh... the sweet taste of denial.

    Hope the phase doesn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure a lot of this is hormones. And who craves broccoli???? I keep a "family size" bag of twizzlers on hand at all times and eat them like it's my job. Food = comfort for me, and at times, we need the comfort where we can get it. Hang in there!! Are you going to the meeting tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't broccoli be a comfort food? Why?

    I'm sending a lot of happy thoughts your way. You know, all those hormonhes can really toss a mood into the toilet.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMO, all bets are off while cycling. Comfort food just plain helps.

    On a personal note, I hope my current cycle works so I can buy comfy, stretchy maternity pants. I'd feel too guilty buying/wearing them now.

    ReplyDelete