Blogging from the clinic waiting room. I am having a cranky day.
On the subway this morning I sat next to a little boy filling out a school worksheet. Not only was his mother dictating to him what to write, instead of helping him figure out how to answer the question, she kept getting angry at him when he wrote the words down wrong. Finally she swore at him (the F word), and said, I kid you not, "You better get it right before I punch you in your face." I wanted to cry.
Then on the bus two little girls started singing "The Wheels on the Bus" - which was cute for about two minutes until they started making up new verses and shouting them at the top of their lungs. Of course the "babysitter" (as the little girl kept calling the Filipino woman sitting deferentially behind them) just sat there and stared at them.
There is a child in the clinic waiting room this morning. Not a child with single mommy, but a child with Mommy AND Daddy, who clearly could have taken the kid across the street to the diner while Mommy was waiting for the nice doctor.
The woman sitting next to me will not shut up ... except when she is eating a banana with her mouth open so I can hear every sticky tongue smack. (By the way, why is it that people speaking in a foreign language seem to feel they can talk at full voice in public? I think I may have done this too when I was living in France. Is it that you feel since most people don't understand you they can't hear you either? I don't know, but, my God, it's annoying.)
Now there's someone on a cellphone.
Sigh.
------------------------------
UPDATE: E2 number was terrible. Only 175, down from 190 on CD2. The nurse said something about with estrogen priming your E2 goes up and then down and then comes back up again. I hope she's right. I stay on max meds until Saturday and then go back in for bloodwork. Hope it's better by then.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In addition to all of the other problems with the "punch you in your face" mom is the fact that they are doing the child's homework on the subway on the way to school. She should just learn to forge the kid's handwriting.
ReplyDeleteOr, alternatively, she could stop being a horrible parent. Either way.
Hope your day gets better!
Your entitled to cranky days, sounds like an annoying morning. I hope the appt. went well and your day only gets better. GL
ReplyDeleteICLW
Sorry you are having a crabby day. At my clinic, some time in the past few months, they posted new signs that say something like "out of [respect], please do not bring small children to the office". (I don't think it was "respect" but something like that. Okay, daaa people. How insensitive!
ReplyDeleteI hope your day improves soon!!
While I did an antagonist protocol this time, my E2 was also slow to creep up. I'm having my ER tomorrow and should have 5-10 follicles, so we'll see. I choose to think that "slow and steady wins the race", right?
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Bad days seem to always be made worse with the presence of annoying families. I had a day in a waiting room where children were running up and down the hall. The parents were not even paying attention. Really annoying.
ReplyDeleteI hope the cycle gets better for you.
Sorry you are having a bad day! I hope your E2 gets better.
ReplyDeleteUGH! I think you were very restrained not to bitch slap the mother on the subway.
ReplyDeleteAll those things would make me crabby too. Embrace it!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, enough of those things piled together are enough to send me over the edge some days! I'm so sorry you had to start your morning like that.
ReplyDeleteICLW.
Doesn't it seem like there are days when everyone around you has been beaten by a stupid stick? Pain in the arse, all of it.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the E2 wasn't where we want it to be. I'm sending some good E2 vibes your way for a nice, healthy jump. Hang in there!
Sorry about the crabby stuff. Nothing like hormone induced crabbiness. Hope the E2 stuff gets better.
ReplyDeleteUgh...I think even without hormone induced crabbiness I would have been tempted to have a word with that idiot mom on the train.
ReplyDeleteHOpe your numbers behave themselves.
No wonder you're having a crabby day. I can't stand people doing stuff like that to their kids, I don't care how bratty and annoying their kid is, I'm pro-smacking your child within reason, but telling them you're going to punch them in the face. Ah, if only we had superpowers - like invisibility - so we could sneak up behind her and bop her on the head. Ditto with insensitive patients in the waiting room.
ReplyDeleteUgh. Hope your day/week gets better!! (and your E levels go up)
Sorry you had such a crabby day.
ReplyDeleteThat woman on the bus - very sad.
I hate it when people on the cellphone shout, so everybody can hear their conversation..
Hope your bloodwork today was O.K.