Friday, December 12, 2008

Guilty as charged

My acupuncturist is back from maternity leave today.

I am kind of looking forward to seeing her, although I have to say I really have come to love the acupuncturist who was covering for her. Not sure how I'm going to work that one out - maybe I'll alternate and see both of them. Anyway. My point is that I am just KIND OF looking forward to seeing her. I wish I was REALLY looking forward to seeing her. I WANT TO WANT to hear all about the baby. But the fact is, I'd rather she just not mention it.

I feel like such a bad friend to my friends who have had success. The thing is, I really am happy for them. Truly. And I'm pulling for all of my TTC friends to succeed, regardless of what happens to me. It's just that once they do succeed, it becomes painful to listen to the details.

What kind of person wants people to succeed, but can't share the joy of their success?

You know, one of the really shitty things about IF is how it makes you feel bad on so many levels - first pain, then guilt.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. Wishing you the very best of luck with this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. :) I just ran across your blog from your comment over at the fertile infertile. i keep a few blogs online. one for my crafts, one for my family photos, one for my preemie present project, and another i don't tell anyone irl about about my uterus which i hate very much. ij ust recently wrote about exactly what you are saying. i'm dysfertile, if that is a word, in that i'm not technically infertile my body just kills babies or comes close, and i'm not supposed to have more because of my recently found disorder. regardles, i find that no matter where you are in the struggling to become a parent spectrum (even if not for the first time) the pain is horrendous and laced with guilt. my journal of this sort is over at nunnthewiser.wordpress.com. you aren't alone in the Suck. Nothing but best wishes to you, and hope for your path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop with the guilt, girl! These feelings are normal under the circumstances.

    Whatcha drinkin'?

    ReplyDelete